Everyone has a brand. Whether you have consciously created it for yourself or not.
A brand is what the world thinks of you. If you have a powerful and visible brand, you are giving yourself a head-start, choosing what you want people to think about your business. If you don’t, you’re leaving it up to them to decide for themselves… and who knows what that could be.
If you are looking to grow your business, get a better job, get noticed by the press or start attracting higher level clients, then purposeful branding is essential.
So what is personal branding? It is the ongoing process of establishing a prescribed image or impression in the minds of others. Everyone has a unique brand but what we should all be aiming for, is a powerful and ATTRACTIVE personal brand. This is a step that a lot of entrepreneurs miss when working towards their goals.
How purposeful branding helps your business:
1. OPPORTUNITY FINDS YOU. When you have attractive branding, clients, vendors & press will reach out to you. If your branding is poorly done, they will not be impressed and will move on to the next person/business.
2. POWERFUL ONLINE NETWORKING Social Media has created very visual expectations for our society, and if our brand is not up to standard, we won’t be seeing an increase in followers and leads.
3. IN-PERSON NETWORKING POWER If you do your branding right, you’ll be much more memorable than the person who walks up and says “Hi, my name is Jill, and I am a marketing manager.”
4. CONFIDENCE This is key to doing anything in life. It is a fact that confidence is very attractive to those around you. Developing your brand requires you to find your authentic voice. Developing all the things that make you unique helps you find your voice. It gives you the confidence in yourself and your business. When you’re not confident, people automatically think ‘if they aren’t confident in their own business, why would I be confident in them?” That’s something you want to avoid. Build your credibility and reputation with the confidence of a strong and compelling brand.
5. GET HIRED Looking to land your dream gig? Or to get hired by a great company? Numerous studies say 84-93 percent of hiring managers use social media to hire, and that almost half (45 percent) of B2C consumers are influenced by reviews & comments on social media, and a whopping 75 percent of B2B consumers are influenced by social media.
My advice to get your branding on track?
*Get your social media on point.
*Make sure your website is very easy for the consumer to read.
*Have your elevator pitch ready.
and most importantly…
**The BIGGEST advice I have for you in creating your brand? Find your authentic voice and let this ground you in your direction. If you want to be memorable, you must stand out from the crowd. And finding what makes you, you…will do that for you. Be the yellow rose in a sea of red roses.
What is your branding strategy? I’d love to hear it? Or if you don’t have one…what do you plan on working on?
If you are interested in some very in-depth training, I have an online course available for enrollment. Feel free to click here if you want to get serious about your brand and take control of what your prospects are thinking about you. It's my passion to help entrepreneurs like yourself to succeed.
Much Love & Success,